Due to a recent increase in the Coronavirus infection numbers, this tournament is now cancelled.
Pairings and results
Youth – 8/14, 15, 16.
Cadets – 8/15, 16.
Venue: Curian (Across from JR Oimachi Station) 5F.
Youth – 7R swiss, 45min+30sec/move.
Cadets – 6R swiss, 45min+30sec/move.
U18, U16, U14 – 5,500yen,
U12, U10, U8 – 4,500yen.
Entry Criteria: You need to be a member of NCS.
Registration opens on 7/30 (Thu) 8:00 pm and closes on 8/11(Tue) 8:00 pm or when the maximum number of players is reached.
Payment period: Between 8/5(Wed)-8/12(Wed) 12:00. Please do not pay before the 5th.
Entries are capped at 22 (Youth) and at 56 (Total).
|8/14 (Fri)||18:00||Venue opens|
|8/15 (Sat)||9:00||Venue opens|
|10:00||Round 2||Round 1|
|13:00||Round 3||Round 2|
|16:00||Round 4||Round 3|
|8/14 (Sun)||10:00||Round 5||Round 4|
|13:00||Round 6||Round 5|
|16:00||Round 7||Round 6|
Award and closing ceremony after the final round is finished.
Default time is 30min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game is started, He/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
Prizes: Top 3 players in each age category will receive a plaque. And the prize money will be given to each age group winner.
U18，U16，U14 – each winner 7,000yen.
U12，U10，U08 – each winner 5,000yen.
(1) The winners of each age group will qualify as official players for international tournaments held between the fall of 2020 until the Spring of 2021 (This rule does not apply to the players who are participating in a tournament in Japan for the first time and only applies to yearly members under Japan chess federation).
(2) The winner of U18, U16 and U14 will qualify for Japan Chess Championship 2021. And the additional top player from Japan federation will qualify if the top players are from foreign federations. (applies to yearly members)
(3) The Japan Champion title will be awarded to the top player from Japan chess federation.
Tie-breaks: 1. Direct encounter, 2. Buchholz Cut-1, 3. Buchholz, 4. Sonneborn-Berger, 5. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 6. Draw.
The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before the first round. The players will not receive 0.5 points for the last 2 rounds. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes nor be selected as the official player for international tournaments. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
Players must record all the moves made by both players until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
This is a NCS rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the alphabetical order of the players will be used. U18, U16, U14 will be paired together as Youth, U12, U10, U8 will be paired together as Cadets.
These guidelines are to be followed for the safety of players and others.
(1) Wear a mask or a face cover inside the venue
(2) No handshaking
(3) No analyzing of games in other rooms is allowed
(4) Sanitize hands upon entering the venue
(5) If you are at all unwell or have any flu-like symptoms, please contact NCS immediately and stay home and do not come to the venue.
(6) If asked to have the temperature checked and if it is above 37.5℃, the player is requested to leave immediately. The player’s game will be recorded as 0F.
*By registering for this event, you agree to the above rules and guidelines.
The organizers will follow these guidelines.
(1) Open windows regularly to air out
(2) Sanitize all equipment after each round
(3) No observers are allowed inside the venue without permission
*NCS will not be responsible for or held liable for any illness caused by possible infection of COVID-19.
Only one parent or a caretaker per player can be in the playing room at any given time.
The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
Organized by： National Chess Society of Japan
Sponcored by：Toraku， chejewel
Youth and Cadets championships will be moved to April in 2021.
Please refer to the Calendar.