Pairings & Results
- Date: December 12th
- Venue: Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station) 5th Floor
- Time control: 50min+10sec/move (NCS rated). 4R Swiss
- Entry fee: 3500yen, U23 – 2500yen, NCS members (yearly or 1-time tournament members)
- Registration: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Registration opens on November 12th 8:00pm and closes on December 8th 8:00pm
Entry fee payment period: Between December 2nd and December 9th at 12:00pm
Entries are capped at 34!
9:00 The venue opens
9:40 Technical meeting
10:00 Round 1
12:30 Round 2
14:45 Round 3
17:00 Round 4
19:30 Prize giving
- Prizes: Prizes for top 3 players of each category (Open, U1600). A winner of higher category is excluded from his/her category. Tie-breaks will be used to determine the ranking of the winners. All players who win all 4 games are tied as the 1st place winners. Otherwise no two players will share the prize.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Direct encounter, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Drawing lots.
Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- Default time is 30min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Players must record all moves unless there is less than 5 min on his/her clock. When the game is finished, check the results, and report the result with score-sheets to the arbiter.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device (including a smart watch) during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- This is an NCS rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and the COVID-19 Guidelines.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. you need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given for the day at the event. Thank you.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
Parings and results will be on chess-results.com.
Japan Chess Federation
Christmas Chess Party Financial Report
Christmas Chess Party 2020