※No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date.
- March 20(Sat)-21(Sun) / Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station) .
- 6R Swiss.
45min+30sec/move30min+30sec/move Standard, NCS rated.
- Adults – 6,500yen, U23 – 5,500yen, U15 – 3,500yen. For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members)
- Registration: email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: Between Mar.1st 20:00 and Mar.17th 20:00. (Only 64 spots)
- Payment Deadline: Between Mar.11th and Mar.18th 12:00.
See <Bank account information>
9:30 Venue opens
10:00 Technical Meeting
10:10 Round 1
12:30 Round 2
15:00 Round 3
9:00 Venue opens
9:30 Round 4
12:00 Round 5
14:30 Round 6
16:50 Prize giving
18:00 Venue closes
- Plaque for top 3 players of each group. Open 1st place: 10,000yen, 2nd place: 6000yen, 3rd place: 5000yen, Other groups 1st place: 5000yen, 2nd place: 3000yen, 3rd place: 2000yen. Groups are Open, A (U1800), B (U1400). Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize. A winner of the open group is excluded from his/her group.
- This is a qualifying tournament for the Japan Chess Championship which is held in May 2021. 1 player per 8 participants, plus 1 additional local player will qualify (excluding the players who have already qualified). If a player declines, then the next player on the list is selected.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut 1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the ratings of the opponents, 5. Drawing of lots.
- The default time is
3020 min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: Half point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested bye, the player will not qualify for prizes nor qualify for Japan Chess Championship. 1 point for a forced bye.
- Players must record all the moves until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
- All electronic devices including a smartwatch have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and the COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.)
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
Parings and results will be on chess-results.com.
National Chess Society of Japan
(Japan Chess Federation)