With the recent development on the pandemic situation, NCS has made the decision to cancel the Japan Chess Championship 2021. We have sent out an email to the participants.
- May 1st(Sat)-3rd(Mon)
- Tokyo, Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station) 5th Floor.
- 6R Swiss, 90min+30sec/move, Standard, FIDE and NCS rated.
- Entries are capped at 38!
- Entry fee: Adults – 8,500yen, U23 – 6,500yen, U15 – 4,500yen. For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members).
- FIDE ID is required to play. If you are a 1-time tournament member without a FIDE ID, you will need to become a full time member before participating. If you are non-Japanese and do not have a FIDE ID, but live in Japan, please contact NCS.
- Registration: Email at “email@example.com”
- Entries are accepted from 3/28 (Sun) 20:00 to 4/25 (Sun) Payments are accepted from 4/12 (Mon) to 4/26 (Mon) 12:00
- See: Bank account information
Plaques and prizes will be given to top 3 players. 1st prize: 15,000yen, 2nd prize: 10,000yen, 3rd prize: 8,000yen. Plaques and prizes will be given to top 3 players among U1600. 1st prize: 8,000yen, 2nd prize: 5,000yen, 3rd prize:4,000yen. Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize. A winner of the open group is excluded from the U1600 group.
|20:15||Prize giving ceremony|
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 5. Drawing lots.
- Default time: Default time is 30min. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during her/his game, the player loses the game. Any violation will result in a loss of game. This game is rated. Observers are also not allowed to use electronic devices in the playing room.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with a special permission.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS! You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and follow COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.) The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website, in the press and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Parings and results are on Chess-results.com
- Due to some unforeseen incidents and/or because of the pandemic situation, the tournament may be postponed or cancelled with a short notice. Thank you for your understanding.
National Chess Society of Japan
(Japan Chess Federation)