With the recent development on the pandemic situation, NCS has made the decision to cancel the Japan Chess Championship 2021. We have sent out an email to the participants.
- Dates/Venue: May 1st(Sat) – 5th(Wed)
- “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station), Tokyo. 6th floor
- 9R, Swiss. 90 min + 30sec/move
- NCS and FIDE rated
- Entry Criteria: Open to qualified players with a full-term NCS membership on the day of the tournament. (Non Japanese FIDE players can participate and win prizes, but they are not entitled to receive the Japan Champion title.)
- Entry fee: 20,000yen
- Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries are accepted by 4/25 20:00 (Sun)
- Payments are accepted between 4/19 (Mon) and 4/26 (Mon) 12:00
See: Bank account
- Top 5 players. 1st prize: 50,000yen and a plaque, 2nd prize: 30,000yen, 3rd prize: 10,000yen, 4th prize: 5,000yen, 5th prize: 5,000yen. Top female, top Junior(U-18), and top Senior(O-50) players will receive a commemorative gift. Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize.
- The Japan Chess Champion title will be given to the top player of Japan Federation. She/he will also receive a special Champion Cup from Argentine Ambassador!
The Japan Chess Champion of this tournament will qualify for the 2022 Chess Olympiad.
- All the prize winners above will qualify for the next Japan Chess Championship.
|Date & Day||Time||Schedule|
|5/1 (Sat)||9:30||Venue opens|
|5/2 (Sun)||10:00||Round 3|
|5/3 (Mon)||10:00||Round 5|
|5/4 (Tue)||10:00||Round 7|
|5/5 (Wed)||10:00||Round 9|
|15:30||Prize giving ceremony|
※The party after the tournament is cancelled this year
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 5. Drawing lots.
- Default time: Default time is 30min. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes:0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes, nor qualify for Japan Chess Championship, and nor the Olympiad Selection. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during her/his game, the player loses the game. Any violation will result in a loss of game. This game is rated. Observers are also not allowed to use electronic devices in the playing room.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with a special permission.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS! You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and follow COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.) The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website, in the press and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Parings and results are on Chess-results.com.
- Due to some unforeseen incidents and/or because of the pandemic situation, the tournament may be postponed or cancelled with a short notice. Thank you for your understanding.
Organizer and Sponsorship
National Chess Society of Japan.
(Japan Chess Federation)