No tournament to play? no time to participate? Come join in this 1-day tournament!
/ Ota-ku Sangyo Plaza “Pio” (Across from Keikyu Kamata Station), 6th floor
4R Swiss. 30min+30sec/move, Standard NCS rated
Limited to 32 participants. There will be A and B groups which are divided by rating
Entry fee: 3500yen, For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members)
Registration: email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Between April 1st 20:00 and April 21st 20:00. (Only 32 spots)
Payment Deadline: Between April 15th and April 22th 12:00.
See: Bank account information
9:30 Venue opens
9:45 Technical Meeting
10:00 Round 1
12:00 Round 2
14:30 Round 3
16:30 Round 4
18:45 Prize giving
A small gift prize for the top 5 players!
- The default time is 10 min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present 10 min. after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Please email NCS if you are late or will not be able to participate.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz, 2. Sonneborn-Berger, 3. Drawing lots.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including a smartwatch have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Images including digital photography are to be taken with the consideration of everybody’s privacy. Please make sure to receive the consent of all people before publishing in public. NCS is not responsible for privacy violations as it is impossible to regulate so we ask that all members be considerate and ensure that nobody’s privacy is being compromised.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and the COVID-19 Guidelines (See below).
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.)
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Parings and results will be on chess-results.com
- If you cancel no less than 4 days before the tournament, the entry fee will be credited towards your next tournament. The fee will not be credited if cancellation happens 3 days or less before the tournament.
- There is no refund on entry fees.
National Chess Society of Japan
(Japan Chess Federation)
(1) Wear a mask or a face covering properly at all times.
(2) No handshaking.
(3) No analysis of games in the rooms. Do so at your own risk.
(4) Use hand sanitizer every time you enter the venue.
(5) If you do not feel well or feel feverish, let the organizers know right away and leave the venue immediately.
(6) We may ask to take your temperature during the game. We will ask you to leave right away if the temperature is above 37.4℃. If this happens, the game is not rated and you lose by forfeit.