Dates / Venue / Time Control:
- June 19th (Sat) – 20th (Sun)
- “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station), Tokyo. 5th floor
- 7R, Swiss. 15 min + 10 sec/move
- NCS Rapid rated
- Entry Criteria: For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members). Entries are capped at 46!
- Entry fee: Adults – 6,500yen, U23 – 5,500yen, U18 – 3,500yen.
- Registration: Email at ”email@example.com”
- Registration deadline: Between June 4th (Fri) – June 16th (Wed) 20:00.
- Payment deadline: Between June 15th (Tue) – 18th (Fri) 12:00 *only accepted during this period
See: Bank account information
Divided into 2 groups by rating, the prize money will be given to top 5 in each group.
Open: 1st 8,000 yen, 2nd 6,000 yen, 3rd 5,000 yen, 4th 4,000 yen, 5th 3,000yen
A group: 1st 3,000 yen, 2nd 2,500 yen, 3rd 2,000 yen, 4th 1,500 yen, 5th 1,000yen
The top player will qualify for Japan Chess Championship 2022. if the top player does not belong to Japan Chess Federation under FIDE, the top Japanese FIDE ID holder will also qualify from the tournament.
|Date & Day||Time||Schedule|
|6/19 (Sat)||13:45||Venue opens|
|6/20 (Sun)||10:00||Round 4|
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 5. Drawing lots.
- Default time: Default time is 5 min. If any player is not present 5 min after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during her/his game, the player loses the game. Any violation will result in a loss of game. This game is rated. Observers are also not allowed to use electronic devices in the playing room.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with a special permission.
- Images including digital photography are to be taken with the consideration of everybody’s privacy. Please make sure to receive the consent of all people before publishing in public. NCS is not responsible for privacy violations as it is impossible to regulate so we ask that all members be considerate and ensure that nobody’s privacy is being compromised.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS! You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and follow COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.) The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website, in the press and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Parings and results are on Chess-results.com
- Due to some unforeseen incidents and/or because of the pandemic situation, the tournament may be postponed or cancelled with a short notice. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you cancel no less than 4 days before the tournament, the entry fee will be credited towards your next tournament. The fee will not be credited if cancellation happens 3 days or less before the tournament.
- There is no refund on entry fees.
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)