Registration is open until March 25th.
See Cadets (Elementary School) Chess Championship
Regulations of Youth
April 2 (Fri) – 4 (Sun)→ April 3(Sat) – 4(Sun)
- Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station), Tokyo.
7R Swiss. 60min+30sec/move→ 6R Swiss. 30min+30sec/move FIDE rated→ NCS rated
- All the Youth players will be paired together as one group. The prize will be given to each category winners.
Entry fee / Registration：
- Entry fee: 5,500yen. For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members).
- Registration: email at “email@example.com”
- Registration Deadline: Between Feb 15th 20:00 – Mar 25th 20:00. (Only around 30 spots)
- Payment Deadline: Between Mar 26th and Mar 31st 12:00.
See: Bank account information
- Top 3 players in each age category will receive a plaque.
Tie-breaks are used to decide those winners.
- Not including already qualified players, each top player scoring 50% or more of the maximum points in each category(U18, U16, U14) is qualified for Japan Chess Championship 2021.
*There are some changes in the schedule! (Updated on 4/2)
9:30 Venue opens
10:00 Technical Meeting
10:10 Round 1
12:30 13:00 Round 2
15:00 15:30 Round 3
9:00 Venue opens
9.45 Technical Meeting
9:30 10:00 Round 4
12:00 13:00Round 5
14:30 15:30Round 6
17:00 18:00Prize giving
(1) Buchholz Cut-1, (2) Buchholz, (3) Sonneborn-Berger, (4) Sum of the ratings of the opponents, (5) Drawing lots.
Players must record all the moves made by both players until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
- Default time is 20min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game is started, He/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted until the first round begins. The players will not receive 0.5 points for the last 2 rounds. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes nor be selected as the official player for international tournaments. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and the COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
Parings and results will be on chess-results.com.
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)