Dates / Venue / Time Control:
Date: October 24th (SUN)
Venue: Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station), Tokyo. 5th Floor.
Time control: 15min+10sec/move (Rapid NCS rated), 5R Swiss.
Entry Criteria: For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members), Only around 34 spots.
Registration: Email at email@example.com
(Registration: Between Sep. 24th 20:00 and Oct. 20th 20:00.)
Entry Fee: 3,500yen (Entry fee transfer: Between Oct. 14th and Oct. 21st 12:00.)
See 「Bank account information」
9:00 The venue opens
9:45 Technical meeting
10:00 Round 1
11:15 Round 2
13:30 Round 3
14:45 Round 4
16:00 Round 5
17:30 Prize giving
- chessmood moodcoins (Great way to purchase GM online courses or lessons!!!)
50,000 moodcoins for each winner!
- 2 groups by rating
Open: 1st 7,000 yen, 2nd 5,000 yen, 3rd 4,000 yen
Group A (U1600) : 1st 4,000 yen, 2nd 3,000 yen, 3rd 2,000 yen
- Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize.
(The prize amount may change due to the number of participants.)
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 5. Drawing lots.
- Default time: Default time is 5 min. If any player is not present 5 min after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes or has lost a game by default, the player will not qualify for prizes. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- Players need NOT record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during her/his game, the player loses the game. Any violation will result in a loss of game. This game is rated. Observers are also not allowed to use electronic devices in the playing room.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with a special permission.
- Images including digital photography are to be taken with the consideration of everybody’s privacy. Please make sure to receive the consent of all people before publishing in public. NCS is not responsible for privacy violations, and it is impossible to regulate so we ask that all members be considerate and ensure that nobody’s privacy is being compromised.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS before the tournament day. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and follow COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.) The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website, in the press and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Due to some unforeseen incidents and/or because of the pandemic situation, the tournament may be postponed or cancelled with a short notice. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you cancel no less than 4 days before the tournament, the entry fee will be credited towards your next tournament. The fee will not be credited if cancellation happens 3 days or less before the tournament.
- There is no refund on entry fees.
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)