Dates / Venue / Time Control:
Dates: November 20 (Sat) – 23 (Tue)
Venue: Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station), Tokyo
(“Daikaigi-shitu” 6th floor and other rooms)
Time Control: 90min+30sec/move, 7Rounds, Swiss, NCS and FIDE rated
Entry fee / Registration:
Entry Criteria: NCS yearly members only
Entry Fee: Adults – 9,000yen, U23 – 7,000yen, U15 – 5,000yen
Registration: Email at email@example.com
Between 10/24(Sun) 20:00 and 11/17(Wed) 20:00 CLOSED
Payment Period: Between 11/4(Thu) and 11/18(Thu) 12:00
See: Bank account information
- Same player can qualify for only one prize.
Qualifying order is: Open, top junior/senior, top female then U1800.
(The prize amount or criteria may change due to the number of participants.)
- Prize (Updated on 10/26)
Open 1st-20000yen, 2nd-15000yen, 3rd-10000yen, 4th-5000yen, 5th-5000yen
U1800 1st-5000yen, 2nd-4000yen, 3rd-3000yen, 4th-2000yen, 5th-2000yen,
Top female, top junior(U-18), and top senior(O-50)-5000yen.
Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize.
- chessmood moodcoins (Great way to purchase GM online courses or lessons!!!)
50000 moodcoins for each U1800 winner and top Junior!
(1,000 MoodCoins = 1 dollar)
(1) Top male and female players will qualify for the next Chess Olympiad
(2) Top 10 players will qualify for the next Japan Chess Championship
(3) Top 2 females, top Junior(U-18), and top Senior(O-50) players (except who are already qualified) will qualify for the next Japan Chess Championship
(4) Those (1) -(3) are applied for this year only. Those are allowed duplications
|15:00||Prize giving ceremony|
1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 5. Drawing of lots
- Default time：
Default time is 30min. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, s/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the final day. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes, nor qualify for Chess Olympiad/Japan Chess Championship. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets.
- Players must record all moves till the end of the game. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiter. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including smartwatches have to be turned off and stored away, not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during her/his game, the player loses the game. Any violation will result in a loss of game. This game is rated. Observers are also not allowed to use electronic devices in the playing room.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with a special permission.
- The updated COVID-19 guidelines are to be followed for the safety of players and others. Failure to follow may result in getting kicked out of the tournament!
- No observers are allowed inside the venue without permission. Contact NCS before the start of the event! Requests are looked at until the day before the tournament.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
- The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website, in the press and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Due to some unforeseen incidents and/or because of the pandemic situation, the tournament may be postponed or cancelled with a short notice. Thank you for your understanding
- If you cancel no less than 4 days before the tournament, the entry fee will be credited towards your next tournament. The fee will not be credited if cancellation happens 3 days or less before the tournament.
- There is no refund on entry fees.
Please wear a non-woven mask!
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)