Results of NCS Online Autumn Chess
Dates: October 3rd 2021
Playing platform: Lichess.org
Time Control: 15min + 10sec/move
Format: 5 Round Swiss NCS Rapid rated
Entry Criteria: For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members)
Registration: Email at email@example.com by October 1st
Entry Fee: 1,000yen ( Payment deadline – October 2nd )
See 「Bank account information」
12:50 – Zoom meeting
13:00 – R 1
14:00 – R 2
15:00 – R 3
16:00 – R 4
17:00 – R 5
- chessmood moodcoins (Great way to purchase GM online courses or lessons!!!):
Open: 1st – 100,000, 2nd – 60,000, 3rd – 40,000 MoodCoins
- Amazon Gift Card:
Open: 1st – 5,000, 2nd – 4,000, 3rd – 3,000 yen
U1700, U1400, U1100: 1st – 3,000, 2nd 2,000, 3rd 1,000 yen
- Prizes for top 3 players of each category. A winner of higher category is excluded from his/her category. Tie-breaks will be used to determine the ranking of the winners. All players who win all games are tied as the 1st place winners. Otherwise no two players will share the prize. (The prize amount may change due to the number of participants.)
- We will send an email to the prize winners to verify their email address. Please reply within one week to confirm. the gift card email will be sent out once the confirmation is received. If no confirmation reply is received within a week, the gift card will not be sent out. Thank you.
- Make sure your membership is valid in order to play. NCS yearly membership fee is 6,300yen for adults, 4,200yen for the ages between 19 and 22, 3,200yen for 15 and 18 and 2,200yen for 14 and under.
- Be careful when making moves not to have a “mouse-slip! There is no way to take back an erroneous move.
- It is possible to experience a temporary loss of internet connectivity on your computer. If that happens and you lose the game, unfortunately there is nothing we can do to change the result. Internet problems are generally your responsibility. Please check your connection before the tournament starts. We recommend refreshing the tournament page before the start as well.
- Tie-breaks: (1) Sonneborn-Berger on Lichess, (2) NCS rapid rating.
- Zoom will be used to contact participants. We will send you a zoom link before the tournament so please have it ready. You do not need to have the camera. This is only used to send messages during the tournament if there are any problems.
- Do not play any other games on the Lichess.org during the tournament.
- Do not keep chess engine running on the analysis board of the Lichess during the game. Lichess will suspect cheating and your game will be reported and possibly deleted/not counted towards your results.
- The participants agree to the use of their name and username on the online platforms on NCS’s social media including Twitter and YouTube.
- Fair Play:
Games are subject to monitoring by Lichess.org anti-cheating software. Players must abide by Lichess.org fair play rules. That means no assistance from any source including chess engines, databases, books, notes, other players, analysis on chess boards etc. Please make sure you have no other tabs open while playing even on the background. Fair play rulings by Lichess.org are FINAL. If some cheating is suspected and reported by Lichess.org, the player’s game’s result will be deleted and further penalty may be imposed.
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)