The tournament is finished.
Dates / Venue / Time Control:
Dates: January 16 (Sun)
Venue: Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (6th floor) Daikaigi-shitsu
(Across from JR Oimachi Station), Tokyo
Time Control: 30min+30sec/move, 4 Rounds, Swiss, NCS rated
Two different sections: Open and U-1500 at the same venue
Entry fee / Registration:
Entry Fee: 4000yen, U23 – 2500yen (as of January 16th), NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members) *Only 64 spots
Registration: Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please let us know which tournament you want to participate in if you are unrated or under 1500 as of December 1st.
Registration Period: Between 12/18 (Sat) 20:00 and 1/12 (Wed) 20:00
(Registration will close once the number reaches the capped limit)
Payment Period: Between 1/3 (Mon) and 1/13 (Thu) 12:00
See: Bank account information
Open 1st-7000yen, 2nd-5000yen, 3rd-3000yen.
U1500 1st-5000yen, 2nd-3000yen, 3rd-2000yen.
All players who win all games are tied as the 1st place winners.
Otherwise tie-breaks will be used to determine winners and no two players will share the prize.
- Same player can qualify for only one prize.
The prize amount or criteria may change due to the number of participants.
9:30 The venue opens
9:45 Technical meeting
10:00 Round 1
12:30 Round 2
14:45 Round 3
17:00 Round 4
19:15 Prize giving
1. Buchholz, 2. Sonneborn-Berger, 3. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 4. Drawing lots.
- Default time：
Default time is 10min. If any player is not present within 10 min after the game started, s/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the final round. If a player has pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets.
- Players must record all moves till the end of the game. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiter. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including smartwatches have to be turned off and stored away, not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during her/his game, the player loses the game. Any violation will result in a loss of game. This game is rated. Observers are also not allowed to use electronic devices in the playing room.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with a special permission.
- The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The updated COVID-19 guidelines are to be followed for the safety of players and others.
- No observers are allowed inside the venue without permission. Contact NCS before the start of the event! Requests are looked at until the day before the tournament.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website, in the press and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Due to some unforeseen incidents and/or because of the pandemic situation, the tournament may be postponed or cancelled with a short notice. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you cancel no less than 4 days before the tournament, the entry fee will be credited towards your next tournament. The fee will not be credited if cancellation happens 3 days or less before the tournament.
- There is no refund on entry fees.
- NCS is not responsible for any issues that might occur during tournaments between players and/or observers.
Pairings & Results
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)