- October 2 (Sat) – 3 (Sun)
- Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian”
(Across from JR Oimachi Station)
Dai-1-Koshushitsu on 5th floor
- 6R Swiss, 30min+30sec/move, NCS rated
- Adults – 6,500yen, U23 – 5,500yen, U15 – 4,500yen
For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members)
- Registration: email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: Between 9/1 20:00 and 9/29 20:00. (Only 50 spots and registration will close once 50 players sign up)
- Payment: Between 9/22 and 9/30 12:00
See <Bank account information>
09:30 Venue opens
10:15 Technical Meeting (attendance highly recommended)
10:40, 14:00, 17:00 Round 1, 2, 3
09:00 Venue opens
10:00, 13:00, 16:00 Round 4, 5, 6
- Open 1st-10,000yen, 2nd-7000yen, 3rd-5000yen
- Group A U1800 1st-4000yen, 2nd-3000yen, 3rd-2000yen
- Group B U1400 1st-4000yen, 2nd-3000yen, 3rd-2000yen
- Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the ratings of the opponents, 5. Drawing of lots.
- If a player is late or can not attend the technical meeting, make sure to see the organizer before Round 2.
- The default time is 10 min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within 10 minutes after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: Half point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested bye, the player will not qualify for prizes.
- Players must record all the moves until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
- All electronic devices including a smartwatch have to be turned off and stored away. They are not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player immediately loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile. But after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be turn off and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including chess clocks.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and the COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.)
- Pairing will be done using NCS rating then alphabetical order of players
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Parings and results will be on chess-results.com.
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)