Attention: The venue has been changed! (2021/10/21)
This is an event especially for those who are new to playing chess. Not online this time! Sign up and try some games over the board and learn how to go about playing chess!!!
This event is also open to non-NCS members who are new to chess. If you are beginners and/or your rating is lower than 1200, sign up and have some fun time on chess.com!
Entry fee: 2000yen for NCS members, 3000yen for non-NCS members
Beginners, UR players, <1200 players Capped at 10 players each for Part1 and Part2
Registration: Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is accepted between 10/7 (20:00) and 10/21 (20:00)
Payment: Payment is accepted between 10/14 and 10/28 (12:00)
|10/30 (SAT)||Part 1||9:30||Technical Meeting|
|Part 2||14:30||Technical Meeting|
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- This event will be run just like a real chess tournament.
- Players must record all moves till the end of the game as possible as he/she can.
- All electronic devices including smartwatches have to be turned off and stored away, not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during her/his game, the player loses the game.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and the COVID-19 Guidelines.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. No permission is given on the day of the event.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Due to some unforeseen incidents and/or because of the pandemic situation, the tournament may be postponed or cancelled with a short notice. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you cancel no less than 4 days before the tournament, the entry fee will be credited towards your next tournament. The fee will not be credited if cancellation happens 3 days or less before the tournament.
- There is no refund on entry fees.
Please wear a non-woven mask!
(1) Wear a non-woven mask properly at all times in the playing venues.
(2) Do not eat in the playing venues.
(3) No handshaking.
(4) No analysis of games in the rooms. Do so at your own risk.
(5) Use hand sanitizer every time you enter the venue.
(6) If you do not feel well or feel feverish, let the organizers know right away and leave the venue immediately.
(7) We may ask to take your temperature during the game. We will ask you to leave right away if the temperature is above 37.4℃. If this happens, the game is not rated and you lose by forfeit.
By registering for any event, you agree to the above rules and guidelines.
National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)