The tournament has been finished. (Results)
- July 15 (Fri) – 18 (Mon, National Holiday)
- “Hoku-Topia” (Across from JR Oji Station), Tokyo. 16th floor
- 7R, Swiss. 90min + 30sec/move. NCS and FIDE rated
- Entry criteria:
NCS yearly members
(yearly or 1-time tournament membership)
(You need to have a FIDE ID to play at the tournament. Those who have a FIDE ID and come from abroad may be allowed 1-time tournament membership) (Updated on 6/7)
- Entry fee: 10,000 yen
- Registration: Please buy the ticket at [Peatix] (only 66 spots)
- Entries are accepted: between 6/7 (Tue) at 20:00 and 7/12 (Tue) at 12:00
|7/16 (Sat)||10:00||Round 2|
|7/17 (Sun)||10:00||Round 4|
|7/18 (Mon)||9:30||Round 6|
(Updated on 7/9)
- Prizes will be given to the top 5 players. 1st 15,000yen, 2nd 10,000yen, 3rd 8,000yen, 4th 7,000yen, 5th 6,000yen.
- U1800: MoodCoins for Top 3 players.
- No two players will share the prize.
- The top 5 players will qualify for the Japan Chess Championship 2023. Qualifiers should have yearly membership before the 1st round.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 5. Drawing lots.
- Default time: If any player is not present within 30 min after the game started, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted until 18:00, the day before the tournament. However, 0 points are given for the last day. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point. If a player has more than 2 requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes, nor qualify for Japan Chess Championship.
- Pairings of the first round will be published at 20:00 the day before the tournament.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets. Players must use them.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including smartphones, tablets and/or smartwatches must be turned off and stored away. Players are not allowed to keep it on them or take it outside of the venue in a bag. When a player breaks these rules, his/her game shall be immediately lost. It is forbidden for anybody to use a mobile phone or any kind of communication device in the playing venue.
- The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating. If there are 2 players with the same FIDE rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- This is a FIDE (NCS) rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating. If there are 2 players with the same FIDE rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Pressing the clock by mistake or pressing it with the other hand which touched the pieces will also be judged as an illegal move.)
Media related rules:
- The results of this tournament will be posted on the Internet (chess-results.com) for reporting purposes. The game record may also be published on the Internet. Participants agree to the publication of their real names, results, and game records.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 minutes of each game, including the use of mobile but after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room—exception for people with special permission.
- Individuals who wish to use photos or videos of participants (during games, award ceremonies, etc.) must be careful to protect their privacy. In addition to obtaining comprehensive consent in advance, for example, in the case of minors, the permission of their guardians must be obtained, and due consideration must be given to the protection of personal information and portrait rights.
- The organizer will take photos, record videos, and broadcast live coverage of the event. These may be published and used in media such as websites, SNS, video sites, and journals managed by NCS. Participants shall agree to the publication and live broadcast of these photos and videos.
- All players have to follow the COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Stricter measures may be imposed depending on the situation of the spread of COVID-19.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have permission by email the day before the tournament starts. However, one parent or guardian per underage participant is allowed in the venue.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins.
- Due to the nature of the venue, there may be unavoidable changes to the duration of the event or the event may be cancelled.
- If you cancel no less than 4 days before the tournament, the entry fee will be credited towards your next tournament. The fee will not be credited if cancellation happens 3 days or less before the tournament.
- There is no refund on entry fees.
- NCS cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur between individuals.