- Date: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Venue: “Ikegami Kaikan” 3rd floor “Shichokaku-shitsu”, 3rd meeting room
(1 Chome-32-8 Ikegami, Ota City, Tokyo)
- Format: 3R, Swiss. 30min + 30sec/move. NCS standard rated.
We will organize several groups by rating order. Player competes only within their group throughout the three-round tournament.
- Entry criteria: NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members)
- Entry fee: 3,000 yen
- Registration: Purchase tickets through [Peatix] during the application period (Only 48 spots)
- Entries are accepted: between 18:00 on Saturday, August 27, 2022, and 23:59 on Thursday, October 6, 2022
10:10-10:30 Opening ceremony
10:30 Round 1
13:30 Round 2
16:00 Round 3
19:00 Prize Giving
- 3000 yen for the top player in each group. The top players of each group will get a total value of $500 worth of MoodCoin.
- The top players with a perfect score will share the prize. Otherwise, tie-breaks will be used to determine the standings.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz, 2. Sonneborn-Berger, 3. Drawing of lots.
- Default time: If any player is not present within 10 min after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: Bye requests will be accepted until 18:00 on the day before the tournament. 0.5 points will be given to the requested bye, but 0 points is given to the request after the deadline. If a player has requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes.
- Pairing-allocated bye will be one point.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets. Players must use them.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including smartphones, tablets or smartwatches must be turned off and stored away. Players are not allowed to keep it on him/her or take it outside of the venue in a bag. When a player breaks these rules, his/her game shall be immediately lost. It is forbidden for anybody to use a mobile phone or any kind of communication device in the playing venue.
- The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same NCS rating, titles, and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Pressing the clock by mistake or pressing it with the other hand which touched the pieces will also be judged as an illegal move.)
Media related rules
- The tournament results will be posted on the Internet (chess-results.com) for reporting purposes. The game record may also be published on the Internet. Participants agree to the publication of their real names, results, and game records.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 5 minutes of each game, including the use of mobile but after 5 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with special permission.
- Individuals who wish to use photos or videos of participants (during games, award ceremonies, etc.) must be careful to protect their privacy. In addition to obtaining comprehensive consent in advance, for example, in the case of minors, the permission of their guardians must be obtained, and due consideration must be given to the protection of personal information and portrait rights.
- The organizer will take photos, record videos, and broadcast the event live. These may be published and used in media such as websites, SNS, video sites, and journals managed by NCS. Participants shall agree to the publication and live broadcast of these photos and videos.
- All players have to follow the COVID-19 Guidelines Revised. In addition, the players have to agree to the rules Stricter COVID-19 measures while the stricter COVID-19 measures are to be applied. Stricter measures may be applied when a wider spread of COVID-19 is observed.
- No observer is allowed. One parent or guardian per underage participant is allowed in the venue for the first 5 minutes during the game.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins.
- Due to the nature of the venue, there may be unavoidable changes to the duration of the event or the event may be cancelled.
- If cancellation is made before the day 7-days before the registration deadline and the number of participants has not reached the maximum number, a refund will be made. No refunds will be made for any reason after the day 7-days before the registration deadline or when the maximum number of participants has been reached.
- NCS cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur between individuals.
Organizer and Sponsorship