Registration has closed as the number of participants reached to the limit.
The first step to official tournaments.
Advisors will be available to help you review your games.
Feel the excitement and fun of the chess tournament
and make your chess friends at the venue!
- Date (Dates): Sunday, May 21
- Venue: Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian”5th Floor, Seminar Room 4
5-18-1 Higashi-Oi, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo (map)
- Format: 4 Rounds, Swiss, 15 min + 10 sec/move, NCS Rapid rated
- It is possible to participate in both Rookies Chess and Step-up Chess Tournament.
- Entry criteria: NCS members (yearly or 1-time tournament members), players either rated under 1400 or not rated exclusively
- Entry fee: 2,500 yen
- Registration: Purchase tickets through [Peatix] during the application period (Limit: 34 spots)
- Registration Period: From 18:00 on Saturday, March 25, 2023 to 23:59 on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Sunday, May 21
13:45 -14:15 Check-in
14:15 Opening Ceremony
14:30 Round 1
15:30 Round 2
16:30 Round 3
17:30 Round 4
18:45 Prize Giving
- 1st-3,000 yen, 2nd-2,000 yen, 3rd-1,000 yen
- Players who win all their games will all become 1st place. Otherwise, tie-breaks will be used to determine winners and no two players will share the prize.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz, 2. Sonneborn-Berger, 3. Total of the ratings of the opponents, 4. Drawing of lots.
- Default time: If any player is not present within 10 min after the game starts, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted until 18:00, the day before the tournament. (Please fill in the Bye Register Form) However, 0 points are given for the last round.
- If a player has a requested bye, the player will not qualify for prizes.
- Pairing-allocated bye will be one point.
- Pairings of the first round will be published at 20:00 the day before the tournament.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment, including clocks and score sheets. Players must use them.
- Players need NOT record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including smartphones, tablets or smartwatches must be turned off and stored away. Players are not allowed to keep it on him/her or take it outside of the venue in a bag. When a player breaks these rules, his/her game shall be immediately lost. It is forbidden for anybody to use a mobile phone or any kind of communication device in the playing venue.
- The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same NCS rating, titles, and the alphabetical order of the players will be used
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Pressing the clock by mistake or pressing it with the other hand which touched the pieces will also be judged as an illegal move.)
Media related rules
- The tournament results will be posted on the Internet (chess-results.com) for reporting purposes. The game record may also be published on the Internet. Participants agree to the publication of their real names, results, and game records.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 minutes of each game, including the use of a mobile, but after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the observers, and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room. Exception for people with special permission.
- Individuals who wish to use photos or videos of participants (during games, award ceremonies, etc.) must be careful to protect their privacy. In addition to obtaining comprehensive consent in advance, for example, in the case of minors, the permission of their guardians must be obtained, and due consideration must be given to the protection of personal information and portrait rights.
- The organizer will take photos, record videos, and broadcast the event live. These may be published and used in media such as websites, SNS, video sites, and journals managed by NCS. Participants shall agree to the publication and live broadcast of these photos and videos.
- All players have to follow the COVID-19 Guidelines 4th Edition.
(Revisions will be made in light of the currently planned changes of the position of COVID-19 under the Infectious Disease Control Law and the related revision of the mask-wearing rule, etc.)
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have permission by email the day before the tournament starts. (mail:email@example.com) However, one parent or guardian per underage participant is allowed in the venue.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins.
- Due to the spread of coronavirus infection or other unforeseeable reasons, there may be unavoidable changes to the duration of the event, or the event may be cancelled.
- If cancellation is made before the day 8-days before the registration deadline and the number of participants has not reached the maximum number, a refund will be made.We do not refund from 7-days before the application deadline. We do not refund once the number of applicants has reached the maximum.
( email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NCS cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur between individuals.
- If there is a discrepancy between English and Japanese, the Japanese version prevails.
Organizer and Sponsorship
COVID-19 Guidelines 4th Edition
Chess-results (List of participants)