We stopped accepting new applications due to the limit in the spots.
- Date (Dates): Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Venue: Ota City Industrial Plaza PiO, 6th floor, Meeting room D
1-20-20 Minamikamata, Ota City, Tokyo
- Format: 5R, Swiss, 15m+10s/move, NCS Rapid rated.
- Participants will be divided into Open and Group A. Pairings will be made for each group.
- Players with a rating of less than 1500 or no rating can choose Open or Group A at the time of Peatix application.
- Entry criteria: NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members)
- Entry fee: 3,500 yen
- Registration: Purchase tickets through [Peatix] during the registration period
(total limit: 64 spots)
- Entries are accepted: between 18:00 on Sunday, October 30, 2022, and 23:59 on Thursday, December 15, 2022.
10:10-10:30 Opening ceremony
10:30 Round 1
12:00 Round 2
13:40 Round 3
15:00 Round 4
16:40 Round 5
18:00 Prize Giving
- Prizes for the top 3 in each group
- Open 1st place 7,000 yen, 2nd place 5,000 yen, 3rd place 3,000 yen
- Group A 1st place 5,000 yen, 2nd place 3,000 yen, 3rd place 2,000 yen
- The top players of each group will get a total value of $500 worth of MoodCoin.
- The top players with a perfect score will share the prize. Otherwise, tie-breaks will determine the standings.
- All players will be entered into a drawing for Christmas gifts, including official Olympiad Souvenirs.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Total of the ratings of the opponents, 5. Drawing of lots.
- Default time: If any player is not present within 10 min after the game starts, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted until 18:00, the day before the tournament. (Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org ) However, 0 points are given for the last round.
- If a player has more than one round of unforced Bye, the player will not qualify for prizes.
- Pairing-allocated bye will be one point.
- Pairings of the first round will be published at 20:00 the day before the tournament.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment, including clocks and score sheets. Players must use them.
- Players need NOT record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- Cell phones, tablets, smartwatches, and other electronic devices must be turned off during the match and put away in a bag. You must not wear them and carry them out of the venue in a bag. Observers and players who have finished their games cannot use smartphones or other electronic devices at the playing venue. Any player who violates this rule will lose the match immediately.
- We will do the pairings according to the NCS rating. If there are players with the same rating, titles, and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Pressing the clock by mistake or pressing it with the other hand touching the pieces will also be considered an illegal move.)
- We will post the tournament results on the Internet (chess-results.com) for reporting purposes. We may publish the game record on the Internet. Participants agree to publish their real names, game results, and game records.
- Observers can take photos for the first 10 minutes of each game using a mobile. Still, after 10 minutes, the observers must put all mobiles away, and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room—except for people with special permission.
- When using photographs or videos of participants by individuals (during the game, at the awards ceremony, etc.), anyone must protect their privacy. In addition to obtaining comprehensive consent in advance, sufficient consideration must be given to the protection of personal information and portrait rights by, for example, getting the permission of a parent or guardian in the case of a minor.
- The organizer will take photos, record videos, and broadcast live events. These may be published and used in media such as websites, SNS, video sites, and journals managed by NCS. Participants shall agree to the publication and live broadcast of these photos and videos.
- All players have to follow the COVID-19 Guidelines Revised. No observers are allowed without permission. Contact us. You need approval by email the day before the tournament starts. （email@example.com) However, one parent or guardian per underage participant is allowed.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the above conditions before the first round begins in case of moderate cases.
- We reserve the right to change the time control and cancel the event for unforeseeable reasons. If you cancell the event eight days before the registration deadline and the number of participants has not reached the maximum, we will make a refund. We do not refund from seven days before the application deadline.
- NCS cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur between individuals.
Organizer and Sponsorship
National Chess Society of Japan