- Date：Sun, Dec 17th, 2023
- Venue：Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Curian”6F Large Conference Room
- 5-18-1 Higashi-Oi, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo (Map)
- Format：5R Swiss, 15min+10sec/move, National Rapid Rated
Participants will be divided into two tournaments, Open and Group A. Group A is for players with National Rapid Ratings of under 1400 (If the player does not have a National Rapid Rating, the National Standard Rating will be referred to). Players with ratings under 1400 or not rated can choose which tournament he/she will play in when buying the ticket. Those who don’t choose will automatically be paired into the respective group. Ratings are of November 1st.
- Entry Criteria：Japan Chess Federation members(Yearly or 1-time Tournament Members)
※For yearly members: Please make sure that your membership is valid until the date of the event.
If you are not a member, please sign up after you have bought your ticket.
- Registration Fee：3,500 Yen
- Registration：Purchase tickets through [Peatix] during the registration period.（Only – 80 spots)
- “Waiting list tickets” could be purchased only after the usual participation ticket got sold out.
*Waiting list tickets
Those who purchased the “Waiting list ticket” can register for the tournament when there were a cancel in order. The order of registration will be based on how early the player put their name on the waiting list, and the ticket fee will be accounted as the participation fee. If there were not enough cancels to make a spot for players in the waiting list until one week before the tournament, the ticket fee will be returned. An e-mail will be sent to the registered address if the participation became possible.
- Registration Period：From 18:00 on Sunday, November 12th to 23:59 on Thursday, December 14th, 2023
Sunday, December 17th
10:10 Opening Ceremony
17:40 Prize Giving & Present Lottery
- Open: 1st 7,000 yen, 2nd 5,000 yen, 3rd 3,000 yen
Top three players of Group A will be awarded a medal.
- Tie-breakers will be used to determine the ranking, and prize money will not be shared among players with the same points.
- Top three places of both groups, as will as players chosen in the lottery, will be awarded a ChessMood Prize.
- Every participant can participate in a lottery with Christmas presents including official goods of the Asian Games.
- Buchholz Cut-1 (Sum of the opponents’ points excluding the lowest)
- Buchholz (Sum of the opponents’ points)
- Sonneborn-Berger (Sum of the defeated opponents’ points and halves of drawn opponents’ points)
- Sum of the ratings of the opponents
- Drawing of lots
- Default time: If any player is not present within 10 min after the game starts, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: Bye requests will be accepted until 18:00 on the day before the tournament by filling in the Bye Request Form. 0.5 points will be awarded for pre-requested Byes, and 0 points for Bye requested after the deadline. The requested Bye for the final 2 rounds shall be given 0 points. If a player has more than 2 requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes.
- Pairing-allocated bye will be one point.
- Pairings of the first round will be published at 20:00 on the day before the tournament.
- In case of Bye Requests after 18:00 of the day before the tournament, as well as Cancel of the participation, please contact email@example.com.
- If players do not show up in a round, and does not contact the organizer 30 minutes before the next round, the player will be excluded from the pairings for the next round.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets. Players must use them.
- Players need NOT record moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including smartphones, tablets or smartwatches must be turned off and stored away. Players are not allowed to keep it on him/her or take it outside of the venue in a bag. When a player breaks these rules, his/her game shall be immediately lost. It is forbidden for anybody to use a mobile phone or any kind of communication device in the playing venue.
- The pairings will be done in order of National Rapid Rating (If none, the National Standard Rating will be referred to), titles, and the alphabetical order of the players.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. For example, an illegal move will be penalized and the second illegal move will result in the loss of the game. Pressing the clock by mistake or pressing it with the other hand which touched the pieces will also be judged as an illegal move.
Media Related Rules
- The tournament results will be posted on the Internet (chess-results.com) for reporting purposes. The game record may also be published on the Internet. Participants agree to the publication of their real names, results, and game records.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 minutes of each round. No photos are allowed after 10 minutes, except for the case with special permission.
- Individuals who wish to use photos or videos of participants (during games, award ceremonies, etc.) must be careful to protect their privacy. In addition to obtaining comprehensive consent in advance, for example, in the case of minors, the permission of their guardians must be obtained, and due consideration must be given to the protection of personal information and portrait rights.
- The organizer will take photos, record videos, and broadcast the event live. These may be published and used in media such as websites, SNS, video sites, and journals managed by the Japan Chess Federation. Participants shall agree to the publication and live broadcast of these photos and videos.
COVID-19 Related Rules
- All players have to follow the COVID-19 Guidelines 4th Edition.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above rules with adequate reason before the first round starts.
- Due to the spread of coronavirus infection or other unforeseeable reasons, there may be unavoidable changes to the duration of the rounds or the event may be canceled.
- Cancellation must be noticed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Japan Chess Federation shall not be responsible for any troubles between individuals.
- If there is a discrepancy between English and Japanese, the Japanese version prevails.
Japan Chess Federation