- April 3 (Sat) – 4 (Sun) / Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station), Tokyo.
- 6R Swiss. 45min+30sec/move, Standard, NCS rated.
- All the cadets players will be paired together as one group. The prize will be given to each category winners.
- There are 3 categories. U12, U10, and U8.
Entry fee / Registration：
- Entry fee：4,500yen. For NCS members only (yearly or 1-time tournament members).
- Registration: email at “email@example.com”
- Registration Deadline: Between Feb 15th 20:00 – Mar. 15th 20:00. (Only around 30 spots)
- The tournament will be held online in the case of 15 players or less signed up.
- Payment Deadline: Between Mar. 26th and Mar. 31st 12:00.
See <Bank account information>
- Top 3 players in each age category will receive a plaque.
Tie-breaks are used to decide the winners.
- 1. Buchholz Cut-1, 2. Buchholz, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 5. Draw.
10:00 Venue opens
10:30 Round 1
13:00 Round 2
15:30 Round 3
9:30 Venue opens
10:30 Round 4
13:00 Round 5
15:30 Round 6
18:00 Prize giving
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- Players must record all the moves made by both players until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
- The default time is 30 min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before the first round. The players will not receive 0.5 points for the last round. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes nor be selected as the official player for international tournaments. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- This is a NCS rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the alphabetical order of the players will be used. U18, U16, U14 will be paired together as Youth, U12, U10, U8 will be paired together as Cadets.
- All players have to agree to the above rules and the COVID-19 Guidelines.
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have the permission the day before your requested date. However only one parent or a caretaker per player can be in the playing room at any given time.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
Parings and results will be on chess-results.com.
Organized by: National Chess Society of Japan (Japan Chess Federation)