Results of the Japan Chess Classic
- Dates/Venue: July 23rd-26th / Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station) 5F.
- Time Control: ７R swiss. 90min+30sec/move, FIDE rated.
- Entry fee: 8500yen, U23 – 6500yen, U18 – 4500yen
- Entry Criteria: NCS members (yearly or 1-time tournament members).
- Registration： firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration opens on June 19th (Fri) 8:00pm and closes on July 19th (Sun) 8:00pm. Payment Deadline: July 20th (Mon) 12:00. Entries are capped at 48!
||The Venue Opens
- Default time is 30min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Prizes and plaques: The top 3 players: plaque and prize. 1st: 20,000yen, 2nd: 15,000yen, 3rd 10,000yen, The top 3 players in U1600 and the best female player: plaque. Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize.
- (1) Top 5 players will qualify for Japan Chess Championship 2021.
(2) Top female player will qualify for Japan Chess Championship 2021. (if a female player is in the top 5, then the second-best female player also qualifies)
(3) Only yearly members will qualify for Japan Chess Championship.
Tie-breaks: 1. Direct encounter, 2. Buchholz Cut-1, 3. Buchholz, 4. Sonneborn-Berger, 5. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 6. Draw.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 2 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes nor qualify for Japan Chess Championship. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- Players must record all the moves made by both players until the end.
- When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- This is a FIDE and NCS rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- Important Procedures:
These guidelines are to be followed for the safety of players and others.
(1) Wear a mask or a face cover inside the venue
(2) No handshaking
(3) No analyzing of games in other rooms is allowed
(4) Sanitize hands upon entering the venue
(5) If you are at all unwell or have any flu-like symptoms, please contact NCS immediately and stay home and do not come to the venue.
(6) If asked to have the temperature checked and if it is above 37.5℃, the player is requested to leave immediately. The player’s game will be recorded as 0F
*By registering for this event, you agree to the above rules and guidelines.
- The organizers will follow these guidelines.
(1) Open windows regularly to air out
(2) Sanitize all equipment after each round
(3) No observers are allowed inside the venue without permission
*NCS will not be responsible for or held liable for any illness caused by possible infection of COVID-19.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
- Parings and results will be on chess-results.com.
Regulations on PDF
Results of the Japan Chess Classic
How do I renew my membership?
2020 Membership fees
New Bank account for fees
Selection criteria for Japan Championship
COVID-19 Guidelines (NCS)