NCS Online Tournaments
With the worldwide spread of Coronavirus, most gatherings like races and tournaments have been cancelled or postponed. Now more than ever, online events have become almost a necessity in this world of isolation and quarantine! NCS has also decided to host some fun tournaments for its members! (2020/4/18)
The final NCS Online Blitz tournament
… was finished.
Top 3 players in both Open and U1600 receive a gift card from Amazon!
Take this final opportunity to play,
Have fun and win a prize!
1st place – 2000yen,
2nd place – 1500yen,
3rd place – 1000yen
Online Blitz Schedule
No.9 will be the last. No.10 was canceled.
Above schedule may change without notice
- Usually held every month on a Saturday Next one is on October 24
- 3min + 2sec/move – Blitz time control
- 2 sections: NCS rating U1600 5pm-5:45pm, Open 6pm-7pm
- Email your name, Lichess ID, and section to email@example.com
- Deadline for No.9 – 10pm October 23
We will randomly select 3 players to receive Amazon gift card!
Who can play?
- Any NCS members ＜NCS membership＞
- Free entry
- Have your licess ID ready before signing up
- Beginners and players who are new to chess are all welcome
- Try playing a few games online on Lichess platform to practice.
- Make sure you know how to log in and where to enter the password
- Please log in 15 min before the start (tournament starts automatically when the time comes)
- Set a timer so you don’t forget to log in on that day!
Rules on lichess…
- Games are done according to lichess arena tournament rules
- Time control: 3min+2sec/move
- A win has a base score of 2 points, a draw 1 point, and a loss is worth no points
- If you win two games consecutively you will start a double point streak, represented by a flame icon. That is, a win will be worth 4 points, a draw 2 points, and a loss will still not award any points
- The player(s) with the most points at the conclusion of the tournament’s set time limit will be announced winner(s)
- When two or more players have the same number of points, the tournament performance is the tie break
- The tournament has a countdown clock. When it reaches zero, the tournament rankings are frozen, and the winner is announced. Games in progress must be finished, however they don’t count for the tournament.
- There is a countdown for your first move. Failing to make a move within this time will forfeit the game to your opponent
- Drawing the game within the first 10 moves will earn neither player any points