Japan Youth & Cadets Chess Championship 2019
Dates: Youth – July 26, 27, 28. Cadets – July 27, 28.
Venue: Curian (Across from JR Oimachi Station) 5F, 4F.
Youth – 7R swiss, R1: 45min+30sec/move, R2-R7: 60min+30sec/move.
Cadets – 6R swiss, 60min + 30sec/move.
- Entry fee: U18, U16, U14 – 5,000yen, U12, U10, U8 – 4,000yen.
Entry Criteria: You need to be a member of NCS in order to play at this tournament. A player must not have reached his/her 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th or 18th birthday, respectively, before January 1st, 2019. Players of Foreign Federations can still play and be awarded but will not qualify as official players for any international tournaments.
Membership Fee: Adults – 6,300yen, U18 – 3,200yen, U15 – 2,200yen (1-tournament membership fee: U18 -1,000yen. This membership does not count towards the selection of official players of international tournaments.)
Registration：Thank you for registering. The registration is closed.
”firstname.lastname@example.org”. Registration Deadline: July 23rd 8pm. Payment Deadline: July 24th 12:00.
|July 26th||18:00||Venue opens||July 27th||10:00||Round 2||Round 1|
|18:30||Pairings||13:30||Round 3||Round 2|
|18:45||Round 1||16:30||Round 4||Round 3|
|July 27th||9:00||Venue opens||July 28th||10:00||Round 5||Round 4|
|9:30||Pairings||13:30||Round 6||Round 5|
|See the next table ⇒||16:30||Round 7||Round 6|
Award and closing ceremony after the final round is finished.
- Default time is 30min. from the start of each game.
If any player is not present within half an hour after the game is started, He/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Prizes: Top 3 players in each age category will receive a plaque. And the prize money will be given to each age group winner.
U18、U16、U14 – each winner 7,000yen.
U12、U10、U08 – each winner 5,000yen.
- (1) The winners of each age group will qualify as official players for international tournaments held between the fall of 2019 until the summer of 2020 (This rule does not apply to the players who are participating in a tournament in Japan for the first time and only applies to yearly members under Japan Chess Federation).
(2) The winner of U18, U16 and U14 will qualify for Japan Chess Championship 2020. And the additional top player from Japan Federation will qualify if the top players are from Foreign Federations. (applies to yearly members only)
(3) The Japan Champion title will be awarded to the top player from Japan Federation.
Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted until 18:00 on the 26th. The players will not receive 0.5 points for the last 2 rounds. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes nor be selected as the official player for international tournaments. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
Players must record all the moves made by both players until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
This is a NCS rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the NCS rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the alphabetical order of the players will be used. U18, U16, U14 will be paired together as Youth, U12, U10, U8 will be paired together as Cadets.
The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above.
(1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
Parings and results will be on chess-results.com.