- Date(s): Fri, 14 Jul 2023 – Mon (Holiday), 17 Jul 2023
- Venue: KIITO Design and Creative Center Kobe, 3F Room 303
1-4 Onohama-choi, Chuo-ku, Kobe, Hyogo Pref. (Map)
- Format: 7R Swiss, 90min+30sec/move, NCS & FIDE Rated
- Entry criteria: NCS Members (Yearly or 1-time Tournament Members)
- Entry Fee: 10,000 yen、U22 or Women – 6,000 yen、U18 – 3,000 yen (GM: Free, IM: Half of the fees)
- Registration: Purchase tickets through [Peatix] during the registration period.（Limit: 80 players)
(Discount code for U22 or woman: U22、Discount code for U18: U18）
- Registration Period: From 18:00 on Fri, 3 Mar 2023 to 23:59 on Tue, 11 Jul 2023
Fri, 14 Jul
14:10 Opening Ceremony
Sat, 15 Jul
Sun, 16 Jul
Mon (Holiday), 17 Jul
19:00 Prize Giving
Prizes will be given to
- The top 5 players: 1st 40,000 yen, 2nd 30,000 yen, 3rd 20,000 yen, 4th 10,000 yen, 5th 5,000 yen
- U1800 top 3 players: 1st 10,000 yen, 2nd 7,000 yen, 3rd 3,000 yen
- U1500 top 3 players: 1st 10,000 yen, 2nd 7,000 yen, 3rd 3,000 yen
Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. Players with the same points will share the prize
(any fraction less than one thousand yen shall be distributed to the top tiebreaker).
- Souvenirs (chess books or accessories) will be given to participants.
- The top 5 players will be qualified for the Japan Chess Championship 2024.
- Buchholz Cut-1 (Sum of the opponents’ points excluding the lowest)
- Buchholz (Sum of the opponents’ points)
- Sonneborn-Berger (Sum of the defeated opponents’ points and halves of drawn opponents’ points)
- Sum of the ratings of the opponents
- Drawing of lots
- Default time: If any player is not present within 30 min after the game starts, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered byes: Bye requests will be accepted until 18:00 on the day before the tournament by filling in the Bye Register Form. 0.5 points will be awarded for pre-requested Byes, and 0 points for Bye requested after the deadline. The requested Bye for the final 2 rounds shall be given 0 points. If a player has more than 1 requested bye, the player will not qualify for prizes, nor qualify for Japan Chess Championship 2024.
- Pairing-allocated bye will be one point.
- Pairings of the first round will be published at 20:00 on the day before the tournament.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets. Players must use them.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- All electronic devices including smartphones, tablets or smartwatches must be turned off and stored away. Players are not allowed to keep it on him/her or take it outside of the venue in a bag. When a player breaks these rules, his/her game shall be immediately lost. It is forbidden for anybody to use a mobile phone or any kind of communication device in the playing venue.
- The pairings will be done in order of the FIDE ratings, the NCS ratings, titles, and the alphabetical order of the players.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. For example, an illegal move will be penalized and the second illegal move will result in the loss of the game. Pressing the clock by mistake or pressing it with the other hand which touched the pieces will also be judged as an illegal move.
Media Related Rules
- The tournament results will be posted on the Internet (chess-results.com) for reporting purposes. The game record may also be published on the Internet. Participants agree to the publication of their real names, results, and game records.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 minutes of each round. No photos are allowed after 10 minutes, except for the case with special permission.
- Individuals who wish to use photos or videos of participants (during games, award ceremonies, etc.) must be careful to protect their privacy. In addition to obtaining comprehensive consent in advance, for example, in the case of minors, the permission of their guardians must be obtained, and due consideration must be given to the protection of personal information and portrait rights.
- The organizer will take photos, record videos, and broadcast the event live. These may be published and used in media such as websites, SNS, video sites, and journals managed by NCS. Participants shall agree to the publication and live broadcast of these photos and videos.
- All players have to follow the COVID-19 Guidelines 4th Edition.
(Revisions will be made in light of the currently planned changes of the position of COVID-19 under the Infectious Disease Control Law and the related revision of the mask-wearing rule, etc.)
- No observers are allowed without permission. Please contact NCS. You need to have permission by email the day before the tournament starts. (mail:firstname.lastname@example.org ) However, one parent or guardian per underage participant is allowed in the venue.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above rules with adequate reason before the first round starts.
- Due to the spread of coronavirus infection or other unforeseeable reasons, there may be unavoidable changes to the duration of the rounds or the event may be canceled.
- Cancellation must be noticed to email@example.com.
- NCS shall not be responsible for any troubles between individuals.
- If there is a discrepancy between English and Japanese, the Japanese version prevails.
Japan Chess Federation (National Chess Society of Japan) and Osaka Abeno Chess Club
Supported by En Passant Chess Club and Kobe Chess Club