Chess lovers who are over 50, come play some serious chess and challenge yourself to become the Senior Chess Champion in Japan!! Veteran players – this tournament is for you!
Japan Senior Chess Championship 2019
- Dates/Venue: August 2, 3, 4 / Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station) 4F.
- Time Control: 6R swiss. 90min+30sec/move, (FIDE rated).
- Entry fee: 8,000yen.
- Entry Criteria: NCS members (yearly or 1-time tournament members).
- Membership Fee: Adults 6,300yen (1-tournament membership fee: 2,000yen. This membership does not count towards the selection of official players of international tournaments nor the qualification for Japan Chess Championship 2020).
- Registration： ”email@example.com”. Registration Deadline: July 29th (Mon) 8:00pm. Payment Deadline: July 30th (Tue) 12:00.
- Playing Schedule:
- Default time is 30min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game is started, He/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Prizes and plaques: 1st prize: plaque and 10,000yen, 2nd prize: plaque and 8,000yen, 3rd prize: plaque and 6,000yen. Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize.
- (1) The Ｗｉｎｎｅｒｓ will qualify as official senior players for international tournaments held between the fall of 2019 until the summer of 2020. (This rule does not apply to the players who are participating in a tournament in Japan for the first time and only applies to yearly members under Japan Chess Federation).
(2) The top 2 players will qualify for Japan Chess Championship 2020. And the additional top player from Japan Federation will qualify if the top players are from Foreign Federations. (applies to yearly members only)
(3) The Japan Senior Championship title will be awarded to the top player from Japan Federation only.
- Tie-breaks: Direct encounter, 2. Buchholz Cut-1, 3. Buchholz, 4. Sonneborn-Berger, 5. Sum of the rating of the opponents, 6. Draw.
- Pre-registered byes: 0.5 point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. The players will not receive 0.5 points for the last 2 rounds. If a player has more than 1 pre-requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes nor be selected as the official player for international tournaments and Japan Chess Championship 2020. Pairing-allocated bye will be 1 point.
- Players must record all the moves made by both players until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- This is a FIDE and NCS rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating. If there are 2 players with the same rating, the NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above.
(1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. Etc.)
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.
Parings and results will be on chess-results.com