Dates: May 2, 3, 4
Venue: Curian – 5 Chome-18-1 Higashioi Shinagawa-ku, (Across from JR Oimachi Station)
Time Control: 90min/40moves + 30min, +30sec/move. 6R FIDE Swiss
Entry Criteria: NCS members
Entry fee: Adults – 8,000 yen, Age 23 and younger – 6,000yen,
Age 18 and younger – 4,000yen
＊This tournament is capped at 50 participants.
You can email above or also register using the link here
Registration Deadline: April 25th 8pm
Payment due date: April 26th before noon – if transferred after this time, we will not be able to confirm your entry!
*If you don’t have an email address, please send the registration information to the address under “Contact Us” before April 25th.
- May 2 9:00 Venue opens 9:30 Pairings
- May 2 R1 10:00 R2 15:30
- May 3 R3 10:00 R4 15:30
- May 4 R5 09:15 R6 14:30 (The start time may change)
- Award and closing ceremony after the final round.
- The FIDE rules and regulations shall apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations. This is a FIDE and NCS rated tournament.
- The tournament will be played using the Swiss System with 6 rounds, time control is 90 min for 40 moves + 30 min for the rest of the game, with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move 1. A Swiss Manager program will be used for pairings.
- FIDE rating will be used for pairings. NCS rating will be used for the players without FIDE rating. Email the organizer to apply for a FIDE ID if you don’t have one yet.
- Pre-registered byes (half points) will be accepted until the start of the tournament except for the last day. In order to qualify for prizes, players must participate in more than 4 rounds (no more than 2 byes). Bye requests after the start of tournament will be accepted at the discretion of arbiters. A player with a paring-allocated bye receives 1 point. Only one paring-allocated bye is given to the same player.
- Players must record all moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and the winner hands over the top copy to the arbiters. In case of a draw, a player with White pieces hands over the score sheet to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- Tie-break to be used: 1. Direct encounter 2. Buchholz Cut1 3. Buchholz 4. Sonneborn-Berger 5. Sum of the rating of the opponents
- If any player is not present within 30min after the game is started, s/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- All electronic devices have to be turned off and stored away. They can be stored in a bag as long as they are switched off and the bag stays in the playing room during the game. That bag is not allowed to be carried outside of the playing room during the game. Any violation will result in a loss of game. This game is rated.
- Spectators are also not allowed to use electronic devices in the playing room. This also applies to players who finished their game.
- Photo taking is allowed for the first 10min from the start of each game, including using a mobile phone (only spectators). After that, phones have to be taken outside of the playing room.
- Any player who misses any round without notifying an arbiter will not be paired in the following round, and any player who misses two consecutive rounds without notifying an arbiter will be considered to have withdrawn from the tournament.
- Prizes and plaques: Plaques will be given to top 4 players. 1st prize: plaque and 20,000yen, 2nd prize: plaque and 15,000yen, 3rd prize: plaque and 10,000yen, 4th prize: 5,000yen. 5th prize: 5,000yen
The organizers reserve the right to change the above regulations when necessary.