May 4th(Mon)-6th(Wed) / Tokyo, Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Kyurian” (Across from JR Oimachi Station) 5th Floor.
- Time Control:
7R Swiss. 60min+30sec/move, Standard, FIDE rated.
- Entry fee:
Adults – 6000yen, U23 – 5000yen, U15 – 3000yen.
email at email@example.com
Registration Deadline: April 27 20:00.
Payment Deadline: April 28 12:00.
Plaque for top 3 players of each group. Groups are Open, A (U1600). Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize. A winner of the open group is excluded from his/her group.
|12:30||Registration and Pairings|
|16:30||Prizegiving and party|
- Entry Criteria: NCS members (yearly or 1-time tournament members with a FIDE ID).
- Membership Fee: Adults – 6300yen, U23 – 4200yen, U19 – 3200yen, U15 – 2200yen (1-time tournament membership fee: 2200yen, U15 -1200yen. This membership does not count towards the selection of the qualification for Japan Chess Championship).
- The default time is 30 min. from the start of each game. If any player is not present within half an hour after the game started, he/she shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Tie-breaks: 1. Direct encounter, 2. Buchholz Cut 1, 3. Sonneborn-Berger, 4. Sum of the ratings of the opponents, 5. Drawing of lots.
- Players must record all the moves until the end. When the game is finished, check the results, sign the score sheets and report the result to the arbiter.
- Pre-registered byes: Half point bye requests will be accepted before round 1 begins. 0 points are given for the last round. If a player has more than 2 pre-requested bye, the player will not qualify for prizes. 1 point for a forced bye.
- All electronic devices including a smartwatch have to be turned off and stored away. Not to be touched or carried out of the playing room during the game. If a player is found with a mobile device during his/her game, the player loses the game.
- Spectators are allowed to take photos for the first 10 min. of each game, including the use of a mobile but after 10 minutes, all mobiles have to be put away by the spectators and they are not allowed to use them in the playing room.
- This is a FIDE and NCS rated tournament. The pairings will be done according to the FIDE rating, NCS rating and the alphabetical order of the players will be used.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. (1st illegal move – 2 extra minutes are given to the opponent. 2nd illegal move – loss of the game. etc.)
- The organizer reserves the right for changing the above conditions in case of reasonable cases before the first round begins. And please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the japanchess.org website and in the press, and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the National Chess Society of Japan photographing and using your image and likeness.