Registration has closed as the number of participants reached to the limit.
The event is organized by the Embassy of Iceland to commemorate the 50th anniversary this year of the Spassky vs. Fischer World Championship, which was held in Reykjavik, Iceland in 1972.
- Date (Dates): Saturday, December 10th
- Venue: Embassy of Iceland in Tokyo
4-18-26 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Format: Knock-out tournament with 8 players (elementary school students), Non-rated
- Entry criteria:
Elementary school students with NCS memberships
- Entry fee: Free of charge
- Registration: Registration on [Peatix] during the registration period (limit 8 spots)
- Entries are accepted: between 18:00 on Thursday, November 24 and 23:59 on Thursday, December 8
15:00 Doors open
15:15-15:30 Greetings and presentation from the Embassy of Iceland
15:30-17:00 First round, semi-finals, and final: 3 matches (10 minutes + 5 seconds per move)
17:00-17:20 Awards Ceremony
Prizes awarded by the Embassy of Iceland to the winners, and participation prizes to all.
Organizer and Sponsorship
Embassy of Iceland in Tokyo
National Chess Society of Japan