- Date: Sunday, April 7th
- Venue: Shinagawa Ward General Kumin Hall “Curian” 6F Large Conference Room
5-18-1 Higashi-Oi, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo (map)
2 min walk from Oimachi Station on JR Keihin-Tohoku Line, Tokyu Oimachi Line & Rinkai-sen
15 min walk from Aomono-Yokocho Station on Keihin-Kyuko Line”
- Format: 5R Swiss, 15 min+10 sec/move, National Rapid Rated
- Entry criteria: Japan Chess Federation Yearly Members only (1-time Tournament Member is not allowed) and U12
*U12 refers to players who have not reached 12 years of age by January 1, 2024, i.e. born in 2012 or later.
This tournament has three age categories, U12, U10 & U8. (Ex: U12 means players who have yet to reach age 12 before January 1st, 2024. i.e. Born in 2012 or later.)
Pairings and rankings will be made in three age categories, and awards will be given for each category.
*Members must make sure that their membership is valid until the day of the tournament. If you are not a member, purchase tickets through Peatix and complete the membership registration as soon as possible.
- Entry Fee: 3,000 yen
- Registration: Purchase tickets through [Peatix] during the registration period.（Limit: 100 players)
A “waiting list” ticket will be sold at the same price along with the “participation ticket” on Peatix.
“Waiting list tickets” can be purchased only when the capacity has been reached and regular tickets are sold out. If a cancellation occurs, the participants will be allowed to participate in the tournament in the order in which they purchased their “waiting list tickets,” and the purchase price will be applied directly to the entry fee. If the waiting list is not filled by one week prior to the tournament, the purchase price will be refunded.
If a waiting list ticket purchaser becomes eligible to participate in the tournament, he/she will be notified via his/her registered email address.
- Registration Period: From 18:00 on Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 to 23:59 on Wednesday, April 13th, 2024
Sun, 7 Apr
10:15 Opening Ceremony
18:30 Prize Giving
・The top 3 players and the top girl player of each age category will be awarded a plaque.
・Players who play all the rounds will be awarded a participation prize.
・We will select the Cadets’ representatives for international tournaments from players who belong to the Japan Chess Federation, based on the results of this tournament.
・Tie-breaks will be used to determine winners. No two players will share the prize.
- Buchholz Cut-1 (Sum of the opponents’ points excluding the lowest)
- Buchholz (Sum of the opponents’ points)
- Sonneborn-Berger (Sum of the defeated opponents’ points and halves of drawn opponents’ points)
- Sum of the ratings of the opponents
- Drawing of lots”
- Default time: If any player is not present within 10 min after the game starts, she/he shall lose the game by default. The game is not rated.
- Pre-registered Byes: Bye requests will be accepted until 18:00 on the day before the tournament by filling in the Bye Request Form. 0.5 points will be awarded for pre-requested Byes, and 0 points for Bye requested after the deadline. The requested Bye for the final 1 rounds shall be given 0 points. If a player has more than 2 requested byes, the player will not qualify for prizes.
Pairing-allocated bye will be one point.
- Pairings of the first round will be published between 18:00 and 24:00 on the day before the tournament.
- If you wish to declare a bye or cancel your participation in the tournament after the closing time of the previous day, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If a player missed the last round without prior Bye report, and does not contact the above address by email before the pairings of the next round is published, he/she will be disqualified and will be excluded from the tournament.
- The organizer will provide chess equipment including clocks and score sheets. Players must use them.
- Players need NOT record moves. Once the game is finished, both players sign both score sheets and hand over the original score sheets to the arbiters. Make sure the results are correct before signing.
- Parents/guardians talking or making eye contact during a game will result in a penalty or a loss due to fair play violations.
- If a parent/guardian needs to bring in a beverage or writing utensils during a game, the parent/guardian must obtain permission from the arbiter and bring them in via the arbiter.If a parent/guardian hands a beverage or writing materials directly to the players, the players will be penalized or lose the game.
- If you have any concerns during the game, do not point them out directly to the players, but call the arbiter.
- All electronic devices including smartphones, tablets or smartwatches must be turned off and stored away. Players are not allowed to keep it on him/her or take it outside of the venue in a bag. When a player breaks these rules, his/her game shall be immediately lost. It is forbidden for anybody to use a mobile phone or any kind of communication device in the playing venue.
- The pairings will be done in order of the National ratings, titles, and the alphabetical order of the players.
- The tournament will follow FIDE rules unless otherwise stated above. For example, an illegal move will be penalised and the second illegal move will result in the loss of the game. Pressing the clock by mistake or pressing it with the other hand which touched the pieces will also be judged as an illegal move.
Media Related Rules
- The tournament results will be posted on the Internet (chess-results.com) for reporting purposes. The game record may also be published on the Internet. Participants agree to the publication of their real names, results, and game records.
- Observers are allowed to take photos for the first 10 minutes of each round. No photos are allowed after 10 minutes, except for the case with special permission.
- Individuals who wish to use photos or videos of participants (during games, award ceremonies, etc.) must be careful to protect their privacy. In addition to obtaining comprehensive consent in advance, for example, in the case of minors, the permission of their guardians must be obtained, and due consideration must be given to the protection of personal information and portrait rights.
- The organizer will take photos, record videos, and broadcast the event live. These may be published and used in media such as websites, SNS, video sites, and journals managed by the Japan Chess Federation. Participants shall agree to the publication and live broadcast of these photos and videos.
- All players have to follow the “COVID-19 Guidelines 4th Edition“
- The organizer reserves the right to change the above rules with adequate reason before the first round starts.
- Due to the spread of coronavirus infection or other unforeseeable reasons, there may be unavoidable changes to the duration of the rounds or the event may be cancelled.
- Cancellation must be noticed to email@example.com. If cancellation is made 8-days before the registration deadline and the number of participants has not reached the maximum number, a refund will be made. We do not refund from 7-days before the registration deadline. We do not refund once the number of applicants has reached the maximum.
- The Japan Chess Federation shall not be responsible for any troubles between individuals.
- If there is a discrepancy between English and Japanese, Japanese version prevails.
Japan Chess Federation
Chess-Results (participants list)